- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (leftover roast, rotisserie or BBQ chicken are good options)
- ½ small carrot, finely julienned
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup finely sliced spring onion (scallions)
- ½ cup torn mint leaves
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup fried shallots
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
Crispy wonton noodles:
- 12 wonton sheets
- vegetable oil for deep frying
Preparing the spices
For dressing, whisk all the ingredients together. Set aside until ready to serve.
To make the crispy wonton noodles, heat a small saucepan of oil over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the noodles and cook for a minute or until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. The noodles will crisp up even more as they cool.
Place the chicken, carrot cabbage, onion, spring onion, mint, and chilli in a large bowl.
Use a mortar and pestle to roughly pound the roasted peanuts. Add these to the bowl with the chicken also.
When ready to serve, add the fried shallots to the other salad ingredients and pour over the dressing. Mix until well combined. Pile onto a serving plate. Use your fingers to crush the crispy wonton noodles over the top. Serve immediately.
Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!