- 4 chicken thigh or breast fillets
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised and white part finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- steamed rice, to serve (click here to see my recipe for how to cook rice)
- sliced cucumber, to serve
- coriander sprigs, to serve (optional)
Nuoc cham sauce:
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Preparing the spices
For the nuoc cham, whisk together the ingredients. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add the fish sauce, lemongrass, garlic, sugar and pepper. Mix until well combined.
Preheat a barbecue or char-grill plate to high. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Serve with steamed rice, cucumber and coriander (if using). Drizzle with nuoc cham sauce.
Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!