Is there anything more tempting than a sticky, golden chicken drumstick with a crunchy, fresh side of ‘slaw? This smoky sriracha version is oven-baked so there’s minimal oil involved, making it a healthy dinner option. Score into the chicken pieces to really get that magic marinade working overtime!
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup Smoky Sriracha + Lime Asian Steakhouse Marinade (use my store locator to find out where to buy)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Coconut Sweet Chili ‘slaw:
- 3 cups shredded white cabbage
- 2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup fine carrot strips
- ¼ cup finely sliced spring onion (scallions)
- ¼ cup Coconut Sweet Chili (use my store locator to find out where to buy) or any other ‘slaw dressing you like
Preparing the spices
Preheat your oven to 180°C/360°F.
Place the drumsticks in a large bowl. Reserve a little of the marinde for basting later. Pour the rest over the drumsticks and mix well. You can leave these to marinate or use them straight away.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the drumsticks for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and slightly charred. Transfer to a baking tray lined with foil. Baste with the extra marinade. And cook in the over for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until cooked through.
Just before serving toss together all the Coconut Sweet Chili ‘slaw ingredients. Serve drumsticks with the ‘slaw.
Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!